Welcome to our website. UNISON represents Professional, Technical, Administrative and Ancilliary staff in the Council. Only UNISON is officially recognised by the Council (as our employer) to negotiate for Council staff, so only UNISON is able to represent your interests at the Council. We negotiate for better pay and conditions, help individuals with problems at work and campaign for a safer, fairer society.
UNISON is the largest UK trade union for these staff in higher education.
Our 60,000 members include registrars, librarians, personnel, technicians, administrators, clerks, secretaries, cleaners, craftworkers, catering staff, porters and people working in IT, finance and estates management. We work to improve pay, terms and conditions at national, regional and local level. UNISON is campaigning for:
- Equal pay for work of equal value
- Better pay and conditions
- An end to low pay
- Fair and equal treatment for part-time, term-time and temporary staff
- Access to training and career opportunities for all staff
- An end to discrimination in higher education
UNISON is a responsible union and always tries to achieve its aims by negotiation and reason.
On this site you can:
- get help and advice
- find out about UNISON membership
- check up on news and info
- connect to other useful websites
If you have any problems using the site, please tell us!